Python 1300 Video Sensor Evaluation Platform for TE0720-03-2IF SoM on TE0701-05 Carrier
This application note describes HW platform performing edge detection and motion detection video processing for ON Semi Python 1300 colour video sensor with fixed resolution (1280x1024p60).
Arm Cortex A9 processor of Xilinx Zynq is performing initialisation and synchronisation of the video processing chain. Program and the FPGA image is downloaded to the board from the Xilinx SDK 2015.4 via USB JTAG to the 1GB DDR3 located on the Zynq system on module. System can be also started directly from the SD card. Arm processor initiates the IP cores in the programmable logic (PL) part of the Zynq. It also initiates the Python 1300 video sensor and the HDMI video output to monitor with fixed resolution 1280x1024p60.
- Raw video data are provided by the Python 1300 video sensor.
- Data are processed into the YCrCb 16 bit per pixel format and stored by Video DMA (VDMA) to input video frame buffers (VFBs) defined in the DDR3.
- HW DMA controller(s) send data from the input VFBs to the processing accelerators in PL.
- Another DMA controller(s) send processed data from HW to the output VFBs in DDR3.
- Second part of the VDMA is sending data to the HDMI display with resolution 1280x1024p60.
The evaluation version of the package can be downloaded from UTIA www pages free of charge for evaluation of HW accelerated edge detection and motion detection algorithms for the Python 1300 video sensor on TE0720-03-2IF module located on TE0701-05 carrier.
The evaluation package includes SDK 2015.4 SW projects with C source code for Arm Cortex A9 processor (32bit) in standalone mode.
The evaluation package includes these static libraries for Arm Cortex A9 processor (32bit) for standalone mode:
- libfmc_imageon.a SDK 2015.4 UTIA static library with interface functions for video IP cores
- libsh01.a SDSoC 2015.4 static library for HW accelerator in project sh01
- libsh02.a SDSoC 2015.4 static library for HW accelerator in project sh02
- libsh03.a SDSoC 2015.4 static library for HW accelerator in project sh03
- libmd01.a SDSoC 2015.4 static library for HW accelerator in project md01
- libmd02.a SDSoC 2015.4 static library for HW accelerator in project md02
These libraries have no time restriction.
Source code of these libraries is not provided in this evaluation package.
|Title||Python 1300 Video Sensor Evaluation Platform for TE0720-03-2IF SoM on TE0701-05 Carrier|
|License||t20i2p1_2015_4_te0720.pdf for licensing conditions.|
|Package content||ZIP archive with precompiled Vivado 2015.4 projects demonstrating Python 1300 Video Sensor Evaluation Platform for TE0720-03-2IF SoM on TE0701-05 Carrier.|
|Size||ZIP file: 16143780 Bytes
PDF file: 2076207 Bytes
|Xilinx SDK 2015.4|
|Installation notes||See t20i2p1_2015_4_te0720.pdf|
|Project number||RIV category||Comment|
|7H14004||Gfunk||Functional sample (demo)|